Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just Finished Reading - The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets

[Before I get into this - could you please tell me where I'm finding time to read all of these books? Coz I'm not sure, to be honest.]

So, this is my second-to-last Kat Rosenfeld recommendation; The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice (read an interview with her here). It was eminently readable and quite good (although I found that it slowed down towards the end).


I once had a conversation with a friend about the gigantic old stone houses that litter the British countryside, and the incredible expense of maintaining them (which means that many of them simply rot away)... it was lovely to read a story that was partially set in one, and to see how the house influenced the characters' feelings.

It's ultimately a story of liberation, and learning, and one whose characters you don't want to leave when the book ends. Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment