Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm on the Vibrams Bandwagon

These are my new shoes. I feel like Tony the Tiger when I wear them
So, I've been toying with the idea of picking up some Vibram Fivefingers for pretty much forever. And Friday after work, I finally did! Need for appropriate whitewater rafting footwear + Sports4 Groupon = Vibrams!

I've got the KomodoSports. They have a "more agressive" sole than some of the other models, and a nice cloth upper. I think that will let me wear them longer this season. The bottom looks like this:
I wore them around lots this weekend, and I like 'em. I've had a bit of toe cramping, but other than that, the adjustment has been pretty easy. Maybe because I've been walking around barefoot as much as possible this summer?

Haven't been running in them (not sure I want to, honestly), but I plan on taking them for a test drive at the gym this afternoon. I picked up some socks for them too... and had one of the most hilarious conversations with the hubbub (who is not a fan of the Vibrams) of the course of our marriage. It went something like this:

Me: Would you object to coming to the store with me to get some creepy toe socks for my Vibrams? Would you object to having them in the house?
Him: (Deadpan look) I object to having them in my universe.
Me: But you didn't object to be bringing the shoes into the house.
Him: I think they're really weird. I tolerate them because I love you very much.
Me: Uncontrollable fit of laughter.

I wish all of my footwear brought this much mirth into our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment