Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advice From The Internet

We've all seen them - emails with all kinds of "amazing" tips that your grandmother/favourite pilgrim/culture on another continent/savvy yuppie uses, and if you do too, it will change your life! They're all over the Internet too. A while ago, I saw a list on Reddit, and thought it would be fun to try them all out, and report back.

I didn't do that. I didn't keep the list. BUT I have tried a couple of these Internet tips lately, and think I might continue to try them out (where they're not potentially dangerous or expensive, natch) when I come across stuff like that, and let you know how it goes.



First up: Freeze enveloppes to make the adhesive unsticky so you can open them without ripping them. Why in the world would you need to do this, you ask? Um, maybe if you started writing & sealing wedding thank you notes, but failed to include the little card about photo sharing, and didn't want to waste the enveloppes. Just sayin'.

So anyways. I froze a bunch of sealed & addressed thank you notes. They did not unstick. Sigh...

Real life: 1, Internet: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment