Thursday, August 25, 2011

Currently Reading - Freedom

So, you may or may not know that I am a total Kat Rosenfeld fangirl. She doesn't blog as much as she used to, but I've got her blog and her Tumblr feeds in my Google Reader, so I see it pretty quickly when she does. The husband does too (I got him hooked a while back).

So clearly, when she posted these book recommendations, I needed to check them out. Literally, from the library. Post haste. I logged onto the Ottawa Public Library website (which I love. I also love their app. Yay, technology!), figured out which ones were on the shelves at the library near us*, and requested the rest. I stopped at the library on my way home, and picked up the three in question (Freedom, My Year of Meats, and The Gargoyle), and headed home. When Tim got home, he saw the pile, looked at me, and was like "She posted those today!" It was pretty funny.

So! I'm currently reading Freedom, by Jonathan Franzen.
It's pretty good. I'm not in looooove with it, but I'm liking it, and definitely interested in giving it a chance. I think it's starting to pick up, which is nice. I'll let you know what I think when I finish!

*I LOVE living a 5-minute walk from the library. I lived right next to a library at my old place, too. No joke, when we move, proximity to a library would be a welcome feature in a new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment